- Lambeth Larder has an excellent directory of support groups including a lot of very local groups in Brixton, Tulse Hill, Gipsy Hill and more, plus links to advice pages and money-saving tips.
- Connect Lambeth also has a directory of support groups – click on the Covid link, then Covid Community Links, then choose from the menu of food, advice, and practical support.
- Citizens Advice work nationally and locally, and have helpful advice on energy supply issues.
- Citizens Advice Merton and Lambeth help with everything from vouchers for food banks to contacting energy suppliers and dealing with debt issues. Free phone: 0800 254 0298
- Centre 70 gives debt advice and issues food bank vouchers, and offers counselling. Phone: 020 8670 0070
- Brixton Advice Centre support with energy issues, food banks vouchers, have a legal clinic, and can point towards other help. Phone: 0207 733 7554
Costs of living
- Shine gives free advice for Londoners to reduce utility bills and tackle energy debt, and can refer you on for other services such as benefits checks and housing support. Phone: 0300 555 0195
- Be Enriched have advice on lowering bills, as well as delivering food via their Food Bus which comes to Lambeth on Wednesdays.
- Lambeth Household Support Scheme can help with meeting some living costs.
- Thames Water’s Waterhelp scheme reduces water bills by 50%.
- Lambeth Larder has a list of places to get free food in an emergency, including food banks, and places to buy food at very low cost.
- The Healthy Living Platform have four community pantries – including in Myatt’s Field, Coldharbour and Stockwell – where you can choose the food you want for £5.
Inspired by Lambeth Larder, we have put together a day by day list of places you can find free or cheap food across Lambeth. Please share the link with anyone who needs it!
- Housing Action Southwark and Lambeth are a community group who work together to advocate for better housing.
- Little Village gives clothes, toys and equipment for children aged 0-5.
For older people
- Age UK Lambeth offers practical support as well as befriending services. Phone: 0333 360 3700
- South London Healthy Homes helps people aged 65+ with energy issues. Phone: 0808 169 1779
- South London Refugee Association are based in Streatham and offer advice, ESOL classes, social groups and more. Phone: 020 3490 3443.
- Streatham Drop-In Centre offers support, advice and homework clubs for refugees and asylum seekers.
Para falantes de português / hispanohablantes
- Indoamerican Refugee and Migrant Organisation (IRMO) estão em Brixton e suportam falantes de português e espanhol / están en Brixton y apoyan a los hablantes de portugués y español. 0207 733 9977
- The Gaia Centre is a Lambeth-based project run by the national charity Refuge and supports anyone experiencing gender-based violence. Phone: 020 7733 8724.
- Solidarity in a Crisis give listening support, free phone 0300 123 9200
- Lambeth Single Point of Access supports adults to find mental health support. Free phone: 0800 090 2456
- For the SLAM (South London and Maudsley Hospital) 24-hour crisis helpline, free phone: 0800 731 2864
- Mosaic Clubhouse’s Evening Sanctuary is open every evening in Brixton. Phone: 0207 924 9657
Solidarity, not charity!